Pattern: Vogue 2614
Description: Misses liined jacket with collar variations, shoulder pads and long 2 pieced effect sleeves. I made View B with has a tab and inside button closing.
Sizing: 6 to 22, I made a 12. I bought this pattern 2-3 years ago and bought th 12, 14, 16 size range. I could have made a size 10, it does run a bit big but this is for outerwear and I would rather have the extra room. Now I can layer a sweater under the jacket and I won’t be uncomfortable.
Instructions: They were good, I have to say, I do get tired of hunting all around 7 pages of instructions for your specific view. On a whole the instructions were very good and helpful throughout the construction.
Likes/Dislikes: I liked the look. I wanted a short coat for the fall season and I had a couple of choices in mind. I remembered this pattern and thought the fabric and style would be perfect. I like the length, the collar and the style.
No dislikes other than I wish I could make a lapel better.
Changes: Added 1” to the body and the sleeves.
Fabric: A quilted outerwear from Joann’s. The lining was from stash, Stacy of Stacy Sews, sent it to me awhile back. Thanks, Stacy, it was perfect for the jacket. I will have to get a picture, it is so pretty and fun. I made a special trip to Joann’s but their buckles were too wide. I didn’t want to wait to order one, the jacket was so close to being completed and patience I do not have! Then I thought of the shoe repair shop in my small town (also repairs tack). I went in and described what I wanted. He named a type of buckle, then asked the size and then bronze or silver. Out came the perfect buckle and he removed the prong, too. $1.50 for my buckle, I will have to remember that next time.
Conclusion: A fun jacket, perfect weight and similar to one in a recent BWOF magazine.
View A is very similar to this $1325 jacket
Thanks for the compliments on the jack-o-lanterns. The top one is mine, made from this kit. The kit comes with a plastic drill, chisel type cutter and clear marbles. I just poked holes with the dril, pushed in a marble and chiseled some of the pumpkin out to make it look like argyle. Took 10 minutes top.