Do you have a project that seems to be in the works forever? Well, my Ginger Jeans have been that project. I think they have been cut out for at least 6 months. Now I can say hurrah, they are done!
I think this is my fifth pair of ginger jeans (other four here). The denim for this pair has the perfect amount of stretch and I purchased it from Grey's Fabrics just after the Ginger pattern came out. Grey's fabrics is now Mercer's Fabric but they have a nice selection of stretch denim. See the big yellow backdrop? Well, that is the pod in my driveway filled with lots of our belongings. I am okay with that as we are remodeling and the results will be amazing. New kitchen with an open concept dining room, vaulted ceiling, new floor, etc. A few more things will be updated too, as a couple of bathrooms. Our kitchen was the smallest room in the house but was the spot everyone wanted to be, now it will have more room and I can put more people to work!
Inside the pod is the majority of my sewing supplies, so some changes were needed for this pair of jeans. No top stitching thread, so I used regular thread using the triple stitch. No jean button or my usual snaps I like to use either. I didn't pack my KAM press, so currently the jeans have navy snaps and I am okay with that. Shirts are worn out or a belt will help, then I can change when my supplies are out of storage. I am trying not to go and buy things and have duplicates. Also, my rivets are packed, but I did order those!
My one change I need to make on my next pair is to taper at the waist at the top of the jeans and the center back seam. Then correspond the adjustment to the waistband.
Now to the shirt, it is the Bellevue from Indiesew. I really like the shape of the shirt and the raglan, so I just left off the shirttail hem. The fabric is a rayon jersey from Mood. Simple and quick and a nice basic for the spring.
Now for the full pod shot.... Hello belongings!