It is that time again, the best sewing projects of 2012. My first post will be the best sewing projects for me, then I will do one for my girls.
1. Simplicity 2728 – I wear this quite a bit and get compliments every time.
2. Hot Patterns - Riveria Jacket- My go-to jacket.
3. McCall;s 6163 – nice basic for my closet
4. Butterick 5526 – love the gingham and the pattern
5. McCall's 6563 – an easy to sew shirt but looks great many different ways
6. McCall's 6512 – made twice and have fabric for one more. I really, really like this top
7. Simplicity 2580 – my favorite thing made for me in 2012
8. Vogue 8831 – my most recent garment,and a winner
9. New Look 6097 – wasn’t sure about this one but it has grown on me
10. Vogue 8747 - always need another basic white shirt
worn a couple different ways.
11. Simplicity 1919- Ponte pants – these are great when I am not sure what to wear, they look great with several things.
12. Simplicity 2584 – wonderful pattern, love how the yoke comes together
The big thing for me this year was co-coordinating with Lynne the Wardrobe Basic Sewalong
I do know after looking back at 2012’s blog posts, I did sew a lot of garments, quilts and bags but most were not for me. I do need to change that a bit this year, I purchased more RTW this year than I have in a long time. Now I know why.
Tomorrow’s post, Top 12 garments sewn for my daughters. This will be hard to narrow it down to 12.