Monday, April 18, 2022

Simplicity 9052 - Style Maker Fabrics




This fabric!!!! I ordered last May and finally had time to make a jacket.






The fabric came from Style Maker Fabrics  and is sold out.  For information purposes here is the description "Statement Designer Floral Coating Fabric Black/Multi" and I ordered 3 yards.  So happy I did get 3 yards as I had about a 5 inch by 10 inch piece left.  I ordered this after seeing Karen @intostitches trench style coat from this fabric. Oh, yes, what pattern did I make?  Simplicity 9052 a Mimi G pattern and this one is a unisex pattern, so notice it does button a different direction. Also, there is an You Tube Sew along for this pattern 
Description:
Misses' Men's and Teen's Jacket. Unlined combat or parka jacket has front separating zipper and button placket, Elasticated waist, four front pockets. Two length and hem-style options. Detachable hood.


It took me a year to make it as once the end of May hits in Missouri, coat weather is over.  This year I made it a point to get it made in April so I could enjoy it for at least a month.  This spring it might be longer, we just can't warm up.  I would have loved to make the hood but didn't have enough fabric.  


I like the detail of the cording and the back vent



I ordered lots of notions from Wawak, the long zipper, cord stoppers.  I went to Joann Fabrics for the twill tape, bias tape and buttons.  So much easier to sew when you have everything you need.

I like the casing and cording/cord stops on the inside.  Keeps the outside cleaner.




I made a small and lengthened the sleeves by one inch.  I did wait to cut the cuffs to make sure the sleeves were long enough.  Mimi G patterns usually have very short sleeves for me, even with the one inch they were too short.  These were just fine, so I went on with with the cuffs as is.



I love this pattern and how it turned out, just a fun oversized parka in a fabric not associated with a parka, the floral is just so good.  It was great fabric to sew and I enjoyed taking my time and working at a really great finished garment.


Details

Sleeve tabs


Pockets and front closure



Zipper

Back vents (not sure what to call them)



Some thoughts
- I used bias tape to finish the seams




- I used twill tape for the casing at the waist, finish the seams at the zipper- zipper placket area, and at the hem.

- I used a label to finish the edges of the back vent



-this is a very good pattern with so many great details, I found it well written and the finished project is sooooo good.








1 comment:

  1. The one of the best fabric i have same fabric used in the last month. I need to purchase the all new fabric but i am still busy in the our online buy taxation thesis writing so i am not free for purchase the fabric.

    ReplyDelete