A chambray popover tunic, a nice basic for my closet and spring seemed like a perfect time to make one.
Kennis of Itch to Stitch has the best placket instructions I have used and I am so happy how the placket turned out. It looks so professional and was so easy to make. I did use smaller buttons than was recommended on the pattern.
The fabric is Chambray from Style Makers Fabric and it was perfect for this top.
The pattern includes pieces for cup sizes A to DD, I used a C and felt it was a good fit. Even though in some of the pictures it looks funny on my right side. I just did not have my top pulled down the best. After all, look at the left side and it is just fine. I went with a size 6 but after the first set of pictures, I felt like it was just too big in the waist and hips. I took the Mila shirt in from the waist to the hips about 1/2" at the waist to 1" at the hips.
Here is a before
After - the side seams do not flare out so much and the shirt has a straighter look. It is just like the saying a picture is worth a thousand words.
Side view with sleeves down
Side view with sleeves rolled up.
I did not add any length to the top or the sleeves and it is just perfect. I use a tripod and a remote to take my pictures and I don't mind that at all. This method enables me to take my time and move around the yard and farm to get many pictures. One thing I would change, the remote or camera would say, "hey, Lori, pull your top down, fix your hair, don't smile goofy or you have lipstick on your teeth!: That is not something that is going to happen in the foreseeable future, so these things will happen on the blog and in my pictures!