More sewing for Kaitlyn, she needs a few more teacher clothes! The first one is
Speaking of the fabric, it is a sweatshirt knit found at Joann's in the early fall.
I love the lines of the dress and it look really nice on her. Besides who wouldn't want to wear a sweatshirt as a dress - comfy and cute all day long
The fabric is a sweater type knit also from Joann's and the accent is from Girl Charlee, which was leftover from one of my Bellevues.
I mentioned on my navy Bellevue, I didn't like all the wrinkles. Well, I played with them and found the problem. The shirt was too big in the raglan sleeve seam, where the front and back connects to the seam. I took some in on my top and the fit is much better.
On Kaitlyn's top I made an 8 for her and cut the above mentioned seams at a size 4. It was a very good fit.
I was digging through my fabric for a good fabric for the bottom panels. Meredith suggested this one and I was so surprised how the paisley had the exact color. In my top, I don't even see the berry color.