Enter into my sewing room two fabulous Mood Fabrics' Thakoon prints. First to arrive to was Navy Abstract Soft Cotton
My plan was a Butterick top but then I found this Anthropologie shirt. So forget Butterick and enter Grainline's Scout Wovern T-shirt. I just had to go shop for another fabric at Mood to get this look. I tell you that is a hard job (ha ha) but I stepped right up and went to shopping. It wasn't long and I found just what I wanted. This Thakoon Delft Blue Floral Silk Crepe De Chine
First time I thought I would go for a more subtle look
I found the shirt to run on the large side, I took in the side seams, took some off the shoulders and it resulted in a much better fitting shirt.
Now close up time, the binding
I added a pocket to the front
And the sleeves.
This is such wonderful fabric, I wore this top to an outdoor bbq and I was cool and comfortable the entire July night. The main fabric is a cotton but I think it has the feel of silk.
Add to my top, a pair of Burda 8884
pants, my go to pants pattern. I used Mood Fabrics' Italian cotton suiting
I tapered the legs more and shortened them.
These pants have been in construction for over a 6 weeks. First my serger broke and was at the shop for repairs for a month, then another project had to get done. Finally, I was able to finish them. I like to use my serger to finish the seams, especially in something I will be wearing quite a bit.
A look at the inside of the pants, I pinked the edges of the pockets so they would not be noticeable on the right side. I also added some quilting cotton from my stash to bind the waistband
In this 6 weeks, my husband and I bought bikes, he rides with me about 3 nights a week, (crazy work schedule). I try to ride 6 nights and pedal about 10 to 11 miles a night. The result, a weight loss and changes in my shape. My pants need to be taken in a bit but I am certainly okay with that!
So back to the sewing room and fix these pants, I think they just don't want to leave the sewing room!