Description: This top is the ultimate maternity basic and is designed to grow with your growing belly.
The ruched sides mean that it will fit and flatter your baby bump, right up until your baby is born - and unlike most maternity tops, is long enough to always cover your bump.
Sizing: XS to XL
Instructions: This pattern comes in the nicest packaging. A beautiful envelope with a velcro closure. Pattern on heavy paper, great for tracing and a booklet with complete instructions.
I did change the order of construction and some of the instructions;
- I sewed the shoulder seams
- Measured the neckline and cut self-binding for the neckline (the pattern has you turn under the neckline and topstitch)
- Gather the front for the ruching
- Sew the sleeves in the flat (instructions have you sew these in the round)
- gather the ruching and pin to the back, sew sleeves and side seams in one continuous seam
Fabric: ITY knit from Joann’s
Conclusion: A easy pattern to make with fantastic results. I liked the design and the ease of construction. The fabric makes it very trendy. I think this is the first of many shirts from this pattern.
I was pleased with the side seams:
Here is the front:
My pillow taped onto the dressform doesn’t give the best look for the shirt
Here is the back:
Here is site for all of Megan Nielsen's patterns.