I started shopping online for a good stripe knit and found two at Girl Charlee, a red/white stripe, which didn't match but worked to muslin the bodice and this black/white stripe which I thought would be perfect.
Reason #2 for this dress not happening - I didn't order enough ponte knit! Fortunately, it was still in stock and I quickly reordered. This was before the wedding and this maxi dress got pushed aside.
I did add pockets to the side seams of this skirt, I really miss when I forget to add pockets. This is such an easy step.
Reason #4 for this dress not happening, after a week of working on a simple knit dress, I was about to just give up. First the fabric, then the bodice, then more fitting, then the ties and sides. Then I took a walk and decided this knit dress wasn't going to get the best of me!
I do think I need to do a bit of tweaking......the neckline fix and I have almost talked myself into removing the ties.
I am so happy this dress did happen, after seeing the pictures, the dress is growing on me. It will be a nice dress to wear during the last few weeks of warm weather.
I took these pictures at 10 am, the light was quite different so I really did some effects in Picmonkey to get some decent color.