Meredith wanted at top just like view B on McCall's7125 right when she saw the pattern in my sewing room. We headed to Joann's for some fabric and she selected this seafoam silky polka dot and a lace from the bridal section for the yoke.
The top really goes together quickly but I would watch the fit at the center back. Meredith's finished shirt was tight right between the shoulder blades. I was able to get her a bit of room from the 5/8" seam allowance. I did have her try on the garment before I finished the armholes with bias binding and it appeared fine. Sometimes that simple and quick fitting doesn't show everything that really wearing the garment does.
On this lace overlay, I simply used a small zig zag to attach the lace yoke to the main fabric. The instructions have you had some trim.
I did have an issue with the fabric and Patty from Sew Much Knitting mentioned on my Instagram photo that "it gave me quite a hard time" while she was using this fabric for a garment for her daughter.. It doesn't unsew the best for one. Also, I felt I cut it on the straight of grain but the front would hang funny. Evidently I didn't get the grain right but to compensate, I stitched a button on the inside at the hem to keep the front balance. This simple change made all the difference in the front, just a bit of weight to balance. In fact, you can see the button in this picture. The wind was blowing so hard, Meredith's top kept blowing up.
This is a great pattern with some nice options. It is quick to sew but looks so trendy.