My original plan was Colette Pattern's Myrtle dress but I had 2 yards of fabric and this pattern requires 3 yards. I took a look through my patterns and found a great pattern for this fabric, McCall's 6069. I really liked the front drape and the back drape, too.
I added 1 inch to the bodice and 2 inches to the skirt length. The bodice alteration is normal, I am long waisted and the skirt length was added due to the pattern envelope, the dress looked pretty short. The pattern envelope states this is a 1 hour dress, it is quick but wasn't quite that quick. The fabric is wonderful, easy to sew and so easy to match the side seams, it is one of the straightest jerseys I have worked with.
I noticed the front and back look so similar which made it a bit of challenge. I sewed a small piece of ribbon to the back drape, a perfect solution. I love my new dress and it is just right for the last few weeks of summer. I do think the dress would be cute with a belt, too. I don't own a navy belt, so will have to put that on my shopping list.
Good luck to everyone finishing up those last summer projects and have fun planning for the next season.
This post first appeared on the Mood Sewing Network and I used my allowance to purchase this fabric.