This blouse started way back in May when Mood Fabrics posted this lovely Nanette Lepore fabric in Instagram. I called right away to order the fabric and it has been sitting in my sewing room just waiting for me to sew it into a garment.
One thing that surprised me when I received the fabric, it is had cut out sections in the fabric. Here is the picture with my lining fabric behind it.
I knew I would have to line this fabric and found a quilting cotton that matched reasonably well.
I decided to used Kwik Sew 2966 from my pattern collection using View B (the white one in picture). Now this blouse is short, I added 1-1/2" to the blouse and I will only be able to wear it with skirts and pants that have a higher rise. Think above the navel.
Here is the blouse on me with a ponte black skirt. I did safety pin the blouse at the center front wrap and will be adding a snap to this part.
This is a fabulous pattern and it went together very quickly. Just pay attention to the length issue.
Meet my new dog, Junior. He belongs to Erin and her hubby but they decided he likes being a farm dog so much that he should stay here. It is fine with us, he is a great dog and likes to be in the pictures. Usually, I tell him to sit by the camera and he doesn't move until I am done. Tonight I just let him be part of the action, it was a 100 degrees and I was taking some quick pictures.
Back to construction details: the lining
For the front, I put the wrong side of the lining to the right side of the fashion fabric. I stitched the hem, ties and the front wrap. Turning to the wrong side and pressed. This finished the front edge, ties and hem all in one step.
Another change from the KS pattern, the ties were the same length and the top was tied in the middle back. I didn't want that knot in the middle of my back when I sat. One tie I lengthened so it would wrap around my back and to the side Another change was to leave an opening on the left side seam to slip the tie through.