I finished it a few minutes ago after a 24 hour hunt for the handle, which I stitched up the very first step on Saturday.
Want to know where the handles were? Well, I had put them inside the outer bag while stitching up the lining, I thought this would keep them safe.
I have been working on this off and on since Saturday and totally forgot I had put them there. I inserted the lining, turned right side out and stitched the lining closed. Time for the last step, the handles and I would be finished. I hunted high and low (and got very grumpy while looking) Erin was here on Sunday and I showed her the handles, so I asked if she had any idea where I put them. In a pocket she suggested, no not there. Then today at work, I started thinking. I think I put them inside the bag for safe keeping while I made the lining. Started feeling around and yep, that is where they were!
So some unsewing, pull out the handle and stitch up the opening again. I was able to finish the bag.
The pattern is from Sew4Home and it was very easy to follow. A couple of changes, I used piping instead of binding on the front flop
Here is the back:
I trimmed the pocket with a coordinating fabric.
The inside calls for PUL fabric, I just used a quilting cotton
Lots of pockets for all those baby things and then I used some ribbon to attach a key fob holder (upper corner).
This bag is cute, very boyish fabric, and very big, lots of storage.
Four weeks from tomorrow is the due date, that little grandson is getting close.