I would suggest using *Pro-Weft Supreme LIGHT* to fully underline each piece,
including the sleeves, then.....if you think the 2 front panels need more support
you can fuse another layer of *Pro-Weft LIGHT* to those pieces, and also fuse a
second layer to the back (across the shoulders, in the usual place). OR.....after
fusing the Pro-Weft LIGHT, you could add a loosely tacked layer of SEW-IN Hair
Canvas, cut on the bias instead of the second layer of fusing (that's called a
"floating chest piece"). Another option would be to use *Pro-Weft MEDIUM* to fuse
a second layer to the 2 front pieces.
I used Gail's instructions for the under collar and I can say - Wow, they are good and my collar is good!
I did catchstitch every seam on the inside except armscye.
Then one more thing was I basted the front seam to hold the front and front lining piece in place. This really helped to keep that front even and I was able to topstitch without moving that seam.
I cannot express how much I enjoyed the process of tailoring my Vogue 1467, it was relaxing to do the steps and learn something new each time I worked on this coat. The only time I was stressed out was making the buttonholes, I think I stitched 15 buttonholes to get 5 good ones. My Pfaff did not like all the layers and this wool coating is thick and a bit spongy.
I liked participating in the sewalong but I did start late to the party. I know myself, I am not good putting aside a project and working on another. I started this coat 10 days ago and I was ready for the buttonholes on the same day Meg posted on the McCall's blog on how to do the buttonholes.
My coat is scheduled to appear on the Mood Sewing Network this week.
I am going to refer to this coat at my Royal's Coat, many nights as I worked on this coat, I listened/watched the Royals in their post-season games. In fact, I am off to watch game 5 and ponder my next project.