My idea for this fabric was a blouse of some kind, probably an Archer when I placed my order at Mood Fabrics. A phone call from Mood stating there was only 1.25 yards changed my plans on the pattern but did not change wanting the fabric. With the limited yardage, I knew just which pattern I wanted to make, McCall's 6928.
I made one major change, instead of having the bias at the neck and arms show, I turned it under. I should have widen the width of the shoulders for this adjustment. They are a bit narrow but I just wasn't thinking.
It is a fun, quick top. Perfect to help the wardrobe the last few weeks of summer. I am so hard on my summer clothes. A description for me, dirt and stain magnet! I always need a few new things to refresh the wardrobe come August. Plus in Missouri it can stay pretty warm through September and even in October we can get some hot days.
This top will look nice layered for fall, too. I added 1" to the length and went down a size at the hips. The top flared out and in a drapey fabric that would have been find. This shirting just wanted to stay away from the body too much.