It is finally finished!!! I started this quilt back in May 2013 and finally in September 2014 it is finished.
The book is one of Tula Pink's
I used only my scraps for these quilt blocks, following the suggested color ways so I could use the layout on the front cover.
I worked pretty hard the first couple of months and then it got pushed aside. The beginning of summer, I really started working hard on the blocks. May to Mid-June, I would make one block everytime I went into my sewing room. This method put me to 60 blocks very quickly.
|brightened a bit too much but you can see the block details|
Mid-June was a turning point, I just had to finish this quilt, All my focus was on finishing this quilt, which I did in about 2 weeks. I was thrilled to post this picture on Instagram on June 28th. The quilt is so big, Meredith had to stand on the truck bed to hold it up and off the ground.
The quilt top sat in the house waiting to go to the long arm quilter for a few weeks, just waiting my turn for the budget! Now it is back from the long arm quilter and bound. I love, love this quilt, the 16 months from the start was so worth it.
|fabric from a bag I made, from my own pattern|
One other thing I love about this quilt is the memories of the fabric, one block has the fabric from the Erin's flower girl dresses , bags I made for Paige and her sorority sisters, many bags I made for the twins through school and other quilts or projects.